In this week’s episode of Marketing O’Clock, we’re talking about Bing Pages for brands, Spotify podcast ads, new Google products at CES, and the worst things you can find inside a cookie. Join Jess Budde, Greg Finn, and Christine “Shep” Zirnheld as they break down the biggest digital marketing stories of the week.
Introducing Bing Pages for Brands
Shep tells you how you can use this tool to control your presence in the Bing search results and aggregate your company’s contact information and social accounts.
Plus, there’s one Bing knowledge panel feature that’s so useful you may want to change your default browser.
Spotify launches podcast ad insertion
We have great news for podcasters and advertisers!
Jess tells you about Spotify’s new ad insertion technology and the wealth of new data insights available to advertisers.
Google Assistant announced a bunch of new products at CES
If you didn’t make it to CES this year, we’ve got you covered.
Greg’s telling us about all the new products Google announced at the show, from the really awesome ideas to the products they should have launched back in 2018.
Twitter’s Promoted Trend ad placement is available worldwide
Shep is sharing how these ads work, including their limitations and what they have to do with Kim Kardashian’s refrigerator.
Twitter lets you control who can reply to your tweet
If only we could use this tool in real life! Jess tells you the four settings options for limiting who can reply to your tweets.
This week’s take of the week is brought to you courtesy of Jon Kagen and a Google rep who’s really good at their job.
Then, we answer all of your pressing marketing questions during our lightning round segment:
- Who is banning deepfakes and who’s doubling down on them?
- What popular browser is blocking push notifications?
- When will Bing stop running your standard text ads?
- Where are sites hiding their CCPA opt-out option?
- Why should you export your Twitter audience insight data as soon as possible?
- How can you control the political ads you see on Facebook and Instagram?
If you enjoyed the show, head over to the Marketing O’Clock site to read the full show notes and subscribe!
Thank you to this week’s sponsors!
- Ahrefs – An all-in-one SEO toolset that gives you the tools you need to rank your website in Google and get tons of search traffic.
- Opteo – Helps Google Ads managers automate time-consuming manual tasks so they can spend more time on high-level strategy and creative work.